Get to know ME!
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
So, by now, you’ve probably read a few of my blog posts. Maybe you follow me on Instagram. Maybe you follow me on Pinterest. (see what I did there?!) BUT…you probably don’t know much more about me, so that’s why we’re going to do this “get to know ME!” post. Here we go!! I found all the questions here if you’d like to answer them yourself on social media or get to know someone else!
- When is your birthday? January 7, 1980something
- What is your favorite animal? I love birds
- What do you do for a living? Are you in school? Well, you know I’m writing this blog, right?! I blog and I run a few direct sales businesses, too. I am not in school.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? My husband and I went to London and Liverpool 8 years ago and I’d love to go back! The Beatles have been my absolute favorite band since I can remember and I’d love to spend more time in Liverpool (we spent one day there before).
- What was your favorite school subject? Math and, depending on the type, Science. Believe it or not, but I actually stayed after school, in middle school, for a Science Club that had the opportunity to do dissections. Gross, right? I loved it.
- Do you have a small or big family? I have a small family
- What genres of music do you like best? Classic Rock & Alternative Rock are my favorites
- How do you like to spend your free time? Any “free” time I have, I like to spend with my family. I can’t believe my boys are already 4 & 6 – please make time slow down!
- Are you a morning or a night person? More of a night person. However, if, for whatever miracle, I am awake and functioning early, I do love the peace and calm of the early morning…just not enough to get out of bed early on a regular basis!
- What is your favorite food? Ice cream! Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite
- What is your favorite movie or TV show? The Office will always be a favorite. Recently, though, I’m loving Timeless (and HOPING with all my might for a 3rd season) and Brooklyn 99.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? One day, when the weather was warm, it started pouring rain in the middle of the day. My brother and I were allowed to put our bathing suits on and run around the street (we lived in a court) in the pouring rain. It’s the simplest memory, but it’s stuck with me. Now, I always make sure to let my boys play outside in the rain, if the weather allows and if they want to, because I’d love for them to make similar memories.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Anthony Bourdain – I was absolutely crushed when he passed away recently.
- Do you speak more than one language? I can speak some Spanish (I had a Puerto Rican boyfriend my Senior year of high school, so I paid attention in Spanish that year!) and I can sign some American Sign Language.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? They’re/There/Their, You’re/Your and people that won’t turn their headlights on when they’re driving in the rain.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!! Although, Halloween is running in at a close second place since I’ve had the boys – they love decorating and dressing up!
- Where did you grow up? Cherry Hill, NJ – the same place I now live with my family!
- What is a skill that you would like to learn? I would love to learn to crochet. YouTube taught me how to knit, but I just can’t get the hang of crochet.
- What do you value most in a friend? Dependability – it’s nice to know that someone has your back if needed
- What is your biggest fear? Dying young before my boys grow up. When I was pregnant with my first son, I literally had to pull the car over and call my husband because The Band Perry – If I Die Young was playing on the radio.
- Where did the above photo come from? I added this one! I recently took this selfie and the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, PA. We went to visit nearby family and this was where we spent one of the days – if you’re ever in the area, stop by! There is so much to learn!
Anything else you want to know about me? Ask away!
Yay! Congratulations on the launch of your blog… Cherry Hill needed one!
woohoo! Thank you so much, Vanessa!!
Love, love, love this!!! I can’t wait to read more of your blog!!